Quality Inspector - Electronics - Isle of Wight
Job Posted: 22 September 2022
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Location: Isle of Wight
- Contract Type: Full time
- Salary: £24k - £31k base package based on experience
- Industries: Engineering Manufacturing
Isle of Wight Jobs are recruiting for a Quality Inspector with an electronics manufacturing background at an award winning, global and industry leading organisation here on the Isle of Wight.
Our client specialises in solutions that are delivered into a wealth of different industries, ranging from Aerospace to Defence, Oil & Gas to Marine and Agricultural to Automotive.
On offer is an excellent, team led and dynamic working environment with structured and unlimited career progression at a business that is going through substantial growth.
Main duties include:
- Goods in Inspection of parts, components, materials, subassemblies, harnesses and equipment against stated specifications or documents using measurement systems whilst ensuring exceptional repeatability and reproducibility
- Ensuring all equipment is kept within a valid calibration period.
- Comply with and perform inspections to the applicable procedures and standards, primarily IPC-A-610/620 Class 3
- Perform manufacturing and engineering tests in compliance with applicable procedures and standard work instructions.
- Ensure Build and Test documents are to a repeatable high standard whilst improving where possible.
- Working with the Engineering team to offer improved test jigs to be supplied to PCBA assembly houses – co-ordinating delivery and project sign off.
- Ensure all inspection and test activities are conducted safely.
- On occasion, perform calibration of measurement systems.
- Assist the Production Manager and Quality rep to continually improve processes.
- Experience in QA inspection in Electronic Manufacturing Business.
- IPC 610 Trained an advantage.
- Computer literate able to operate MS software packages
- Preferable Electronic manufacturing background.
- An understanding of SMT, Through-hole and PCBA assemblies.
- Understanding of Electronics/PCB manufacturing methods such as soldering/surface mount.
- Team player, strong team ethos.
- Desire to achieve and to make a difference.
- Must be willing to travel or relocate to the Isle of Wight
- Company Medical & Dental Scheme.
- EV Scheme (after 6 months service).
- £100K next of Kin Death in Service.
- Discounted personal travel rates off Island with company provider.
- 25 Days standard holiday with 1 year extra day per 3 years of service.
- Multiple company team building and social days per year.
- Progression plan to Quality Manager.
- Ability to make the ‘Quality Role’ your own, with a new team, new line of products and engaging driven MD in support.
On offer is a package of £24k - £31k base package based on experience with an annual bonus linked to company performance. Individual bonus also available.
Please apply below with an up-to-date CV and brief cover note and we will be in touch at a time to suit you.
All applications are treated with the upmost confidentiality.
Isle of Wight Jobs Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment agency and business on behalf of this employer. We will be providing a pre-qualified shortlist of applicants to the management team within this company. We are unable to publicly release further details regarding this employer; however, we will be able to freely discuss the specifics with suitable applicants.