Head Chef at White Lion
Job Posted: 21 November 2023
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Location: Niton, Isle of Wight
- Contract Type: Full time
- Salary: £35,000 (+ Additional Benefits)
- Industries: Catering, Hospitality & Bar Chefs Travel & Tourism
Experienced chef required in a rosette awarded gastropub on the Isle of Wight.
The ideal candidate should have a genuine passion for creating new and inventive dishes from scratch using local produce to uphold our kitchen’s ethos;
“We believe local producers and suppliers go hand-in-hand with a great kitchen team. Our menu is constantly evolving to coincide with the seasons and to showcase the best quality produce the Island has to offer.”
You must have the ability to ensure excellent dishes are leaving the kitchen for our customers. Good practice must always demonstrated to uphold our kitchens 5* hygiene rating.
Previous experience in a similar role is required here, with a sound understanding of a professional kitchen and to be able to hit the ground running as we head into the peak festive season, with the support of the team around you.
Wight Pubs are a small umbrella of pubs on the Isle of Wight. These pubs are The Chequers Inn, The White Lion and The Birdham. The location for this role is Niton at the White Lion.
The White Lion: Situated in Niton, is currently the only pub on the Isle of Wight to have been awarded 1 AA Rosette for outstanding food and service, we have retained this accolade over two inspections. Our gastropub offers exceptional food whilst retaining the comfort and relaxed atmosphere of a pub setting. The White Lion trades year-around and also has six 4* guestrooms so the kitchen is in operation from breakfast.
- Oversee and manage the culinary operations of your kitchen.
- Develop and create innovative menus that cater to a diverse range of customers.
- Ensure high-quality food preparation and presentation, maintaining consistency and adherence to food safety standards.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, including your sous chefs and CDPs.
- Collaborate with the management team to control costs, maintain inventory, and meet GP targets.
- Stay updated with industry trends and incorporate new techniques and ingredients into menu offerings.
- Maintain a clean and organised kitchen environment.
- Proven experience as a Head Chef or similar role.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of culinary techniques and food safety regulations.
- Ability to create and execute menus that meet customer preferences and dietary requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Relevant culinary qualifications preferred.
Staff benefits include:
Discounted rates at 1Leisure facilities
Monthly share of tips
Seasonal bonuses/Target-driven incentives (To be negotiated and offered as part of your contract)
Staff discounts at all our sites – discount rates get bigger the longer you are employed with us!
A family discount card, that allows your discount to be passed onto family members.
Please apply on Isle of Wight jobs or alternatively email [email protected]