Development Test Engineer - Rheinmetall Electronics UK Ltd
Job Posted: 6 September 2022
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Location: Newport, Isle of Wight
- Contract Type: Full time
- Salary: subject to experience
- Industries: Engineering Miscellaneous
Rheinmetall is strengthening its position in the UK, to become a major player in the UK defence and security market. We therefore have a number of related vacancies which will be based in the South of England.
- Testing of engineering prototypes; verifying the features and performance of a product, as well as performing regression testing and defect verification.
- Defining test cases based on product specifications.
- Assist in test planning, including effort estimation.
- Work with wider team in the design and support of automated test solutions.
- Generate test reports and defect reports.
- Work with developers to isolate root cause of any issues found.
- Familiarity of testing embedded electronic products at product or sub-product level.
- Confident in creating tests that represent the end-user application.
- Experience in running automated tests as well as hands on manual testing.
- Able to produce clear fault reports that can be fed back to the development team.
- Ideally, experience of working alongside software developers to test and solve issues.
- Ability to create or modify test scripts would also be advantageous but not essential.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and strives for consistent/reproducible results.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative.
- Enjoys finding issues and understanding their root cause.
- Be able to work in a methodical & structured way.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude to work when required.
Terms of Employment
- Currently holder of UK security clearance or able to gain UK security clearance
- Flexibility to occasionally work overseas, as required by the role
- Available, recent references.
- Company auto-enrolment pension and a package of additional benefits is available including health & dental care, life assurance and travel discounts.
- Desired starting date: ASAP
Register your interest - Send your CV to [email protected]